Communication » 2LSCA Communication
AGambino - the 15th of January - exercises
by 2020-01-15)- (
E: Marin biology
1. What does the girl want to study in the future? Photo C
2. The girl and the boy have both seen one of the documentaries. What was it about? Photo D
1. A chemist find way to make chemicals useful to society.
2. An ecologist studies ways of protecting the environment.
3. A geology studies rocks and the history of the earth
4. A physicist asks ‘big’ questions about the laws of nature.
5. An archaeologist studies people who lived thousands of years ago.
6. A marine biologist studies, observes and protects marine life.
1. Wants to discover new things that help people.
2. Wants to find solutions to nature’s problems.
3. Wants to find answers to important questions.
4. Wants to study our prehistoric ancestors.
5. Wants to explore oceans and preserve the ocean environment.
SUBJECT: biologist, ecologist, geologist, scientist.
JOB: chemistry, physics.
Es. 7 pag. 31
NOUN: evolution, solution.
VERB: to explore, to imagine, to observe, to preserve, to protect.
People don't use cars for long journeys, but they travel by train or by plane.
People don't call their friends from a home telephone, but they develop relationships by new technology for example smartphone and social media.
Schools don't have type writers now, but there are computers in any classroom.
People don't take snapshots, but they use their mobiles to take pics and they create fashion album.
People didn't use their cars much, but now they drive everywhere.
People update their online profiles now, but they used to write letters.
Children play inside now, but in the past they used to play outside.
Teachers used to suggest books, but now they give out website addresses.
Families used to watch Tv together, bur now they watch it individually.
Students use Google now, but they used to look up things in encyclopedias.
Parents didn't use to worry so much, but now they give children less freedom.
My parents used to take me to school every day.
I didn't use to go online much.
I didn't use like school dinners.
I used to want to be an astronaut.
Did you use to go online much?
No, I didn't
Did you use to like school dinner?
Did you use to want to be an astronaut?
Yes, I did