Communication » 2LSCA Communication
AGambino - the 29th of January - exercises
by 2020-01-29)- (
Many people find Aung Sang Sun Kyi’s life and work inspiring. Her loyalty to the people of her country is admirable.
You probably also have a good relationship with your classmates. 4
This could be the reason why students who sit here often get lower marks in tests and exams. 2
So, if you really want to hear what everyone says in class, choose a different place to sit. 5
Research suggests that the chair you choose in the classroom says a lot about you and your personality. 1
This means it’s a good idea to sit in different place every day.
Next time you miss a lesson, borrow notes from someone who sits here. 3
1. Criticises students at the back of the classroom. X
2. Suggests that the students on one side usually do well at school. V
3. Is positive about the students in the middle of the classroom. V
4. Says that the best students sit at the front. X
5. Tells readers the best place to sit in the classroom. X
6. Suggests that intelligent students can sit anywhere and do well at school. X
1. When Ollie takes Helen out for dinner, she always chooses the most expensive thing on the menu.
2. Stevie Wonder, the famous soul singer, is blind. He lost his sight when he was baby.
3. I don’t like Peter. He’s arrogant. He thinks he knows everything about everything.
4. Today in class we had an interesting discussion about politics.
5. We can’t decide if we like Kevin’s new haircut or not. It is certainly very..different.
A)Fair = fairness
Selfish = selfishness
Sensitive = sensitiveness
Honest = honesty
Kind = kindness
B) Fairness is very important in tests and exams.
Young children are naturally selfishness. Their parents teach them to share.
Be careful what you say to Rachel. She’s very sensitiveness
What makes a good friend? Well, honesty is very important.
Thank you very much for all your kindness. I enjoyed staying with you and your family.
1. Kerry’s parents paid for her holiday this year. They have always been very generous.
1. Real football fans are loyal to their teams when they are doing well and when they are doing badly.
2. Loyalty is very important for young men.
1. I really admire Lucy’s modesty. She got fantastic exam results, but she didn’t tell everyone at school.
2. You’re too modest! Your charity work has helped hundreds of people.
1. Most adults think all teenagers are lazy. It’s just not true. Most of us work very hard.
2. Tim’s not really ill - it’s lazy. He just doesn’t want to do any work.
1. You’re sixteen now and you have to take responsibility for your actions.
2. My parents are looking for a responsible person to look after our garden.
1. Your little sister was very brave at the dentist’s. she didn’t cry or complain.
2. Male Emperor Penguins are well known for their bravery. They look after their eggs for months in the long, cold and dark Antartic winter.