Esercizio 1 di pagina 395
1. Beer is never drinked by Michael.
2. Our summer holidays have just been booked.
3. Some texts were sent by Rachel two days ago.
4. When I arrive, the mirror had already been broken by him.
5. Vegetables are grown by farmers.
6. Don’t worry. I’ll be called straight away!
7. A ghost has just been seen in the castle.
8. More than 30 plays were wrote by Shakespeare.
Esercizio 2 di pagina 395
For the first step, natural ingredients such as flowers, fruit and wood are harvested from around the world. Alcohol, petrochemicals and other chemical substances are also used in the manufacture of prefumes. Not every plant contains essential olis; olis aren’t produced naturally by, for example, lily of the valley flowers.
In the next step he oil is extraced. This is did immediately after picking. Solvent extraction is a commun method. To extract oils from roses, layers of petals are placed on a metal-layered drum. The flowers are then immersed in a solvent. The result of this process is a waxy material that contains the oil, which is then washed in ethyl alcohol. The oil is dissolved in the alcohol and rises. Other extraction methods include steam distillation, enfleurage and maceration. A huge number of plants is needed to get a small amount of essential oil. Approximately 200,000 rose flowers, that is 400 kilograms of flowers are require to make 600 grams of essential oil.
Once the essential oli is ready, it is blended together according to a certain formula and then it is mixed with alcohol. It may take as many as 800 different ingredients and several is aged for several months or even years after it is blended.
Esercizio 3 di pagina 395
First the olives are harvested. The olives are than defoliated and washed using special mechanical washing machines. They are poured into a millstone and then subjected to the action of stone millstones. The extraction process involves the separation of the must from the pomace by filtering through the use of mechanical or hydraulic presses: the presses are loaded manually by placing layers of dough alternating with filtering discs. By means of centrifugal separators the separation between the must and the remaining water is carried out thanks to the high speed rotation. Finally the oil is left to rest and is ready to be placed on the market.
Esercizio 4 di pagina 395
1. We got there late and the birthday cake had already been served.
2. Is there anybody here who knows when to Tower of London was built?
3. Some of these paintings has been lent by a private collector.
4. If it stops snowing tomorrow, the roads will be cleaned.
5. The ticket that won the first prize in the lottery was bought last week near Rome.
6. Yesterday the alarm of a car that had been parked near ours rang for more than two hours!
Esercizio 5 di pagina 395
1. The car isn’t washed by David every Saturday.
Is the car washed by David every Saturday?
2. The film hasen’t been seen by lots of teenagers.
Has the film been seen by lots of teenagers?
3. The children weren’t helped by an elderly lady.
Were the children helped by an elderly lady?
4. That bridge hadn’t been built just the year before.
Had that bridge been built just the year before?
5. A ghost hasn’t been seen here.
Has a ghost been seen here?
6. The meeting will be put of.
Will the meeting be put of?