- Are you working at the moment? If not, can you help me in the kitchen ?
- Where do your mum teach? Are you happy she doesn't teach in our school?
- Mr Brown doesn’t work here. He works in our office in London.
- Do you work every weekend? Yes, I do but only on Saturdays.
- What is your brother doing at the moment?
- What do you want to do when you finish university?
- “Are you phoning the plumber?” “Yes, I am. I can't stop this water.”
- MEET We usually meet outside the cinema but it's raining so we’re meeting in a café.
- HAVE My mum is having bath at the moment. She usually have a shower but she wants to relax today
- DO It's seven o'clock in the morning and my brother is doing his homework. I always do my homework in the evening.
- HAVE We usually have Math on Friday afternoon but our teacher is ill so, today, we are having an extra English lesson
- SEND My friends usually send me texts but my phone isn’t working so they are sending me emails at the moment.
Jason: Hi, Mark. What are you doing?
mark: I'm cooking dinner. Can you help me? This is really difficult.
Jason: OK. Is your mum working today?
Mark: Yes, she is. She's working late. Does your mum work?
Jason: Yes, she does. She works in a bank. That's why I know how to cook. Right. Let's start.
Mandy: I can't believe your mum wants you to clean the whole house. Is Tom helping you?
Theresa: No, he isn’t. He says he’s got lots of homework.
Mandy: Do you believe him?
Theresa: No, but my mum does.
Mandy: What do you want to do later, when the house is clean?
Theresa: I'm not sure. I'll phone and tell you.
Sam: What do you do?
Kelly: I'm a teacher. I teach Chemistry.
Sam: Really? I've got a problem with my Chemistry homework. Could you help me?
Kelly: OK. Let me look. Oh, right. Well. It's like this... Are you understanding now?
Sam: Er.. I think so. Can you tell me again?
Do you work very hard?
Do you earn (you/earn) a low salary?
Are you unhappy at work?
Danielle works hard but she isn’t unhappy. She loves her job. She is a waitress at FreshFlavourFoods.
FreshFlavourFoods is a new business but now it is growing very quickly. We open new restaurants all over the country and we look for friendly, hard-working people like Danielle to come and work for us. You are looking for a new job? For more details and an online application form, go to FreshFlavourFoods.abc
I'm at work. Don't worry! I’m having a break. I’m sitting down with my tablet for ten minutes. I stand up all day so I’m getting this rest. The restaurant is very busy today but the customers are nice. They aren’t complaining even when I bring them the wrong food. And they often leave me quite a lot of money. I earn £30 and I often get another £20 from customers.
Oh no. The door is opening. It's my manager. Time to go back to work. Only another four hours to go!
In the photo, there are two men. They are talking and looking at a piece of paper. Maybe there is a problem and they don't know what to do. On the background, we can see a road. There aren't any cars. It is a new road. The men are helping to build it. On the left of the two men is a camera or other equipment that they use in their work. Perhaps it is broken! I think the men enjoy their work. It's an interesting job.
- What is she doing? d She is looking at a computer. Maybe she's reading a report. Or perhaps she's reading a blog.
- How old is she? a She isn't very young. I think she's about 35 years old.
- What is she wearing? d She's wearing a smart, dark, summer dress.
- How is she feeling? b Maybe she's a bit worried about something she's reading but I think that, generally, she isn't sad.
- Is the work difficult? e I think it is very hard. She has a lot of responsibility.
- Do you think she likes her job? C Yes, definitely. She loves it. I am sure she doesn't like working in a boring, stress-free job. She needs the excitement.
This photo is showing a meeting. In the photo, there are six people. They are sitting around a large desk. They are all wearing smart clothes. In the background, we can see a view of a big city through the window.
I think that they are talking about new ideas. One woman is standing. Perhaps she is the boss. The men aren't very happy. Perhaps she is telling them that she isn't happy with their work. Maybe they don't like having a female boss.
In this photo, we can see a waitress in a restaurant. She is young and she is wearing a uniform and a scarf in her hair. Perhaps she is a student and she works part time. There are two customers, a man and a woman. I think they are about 25 years old. They are happy. Maybe they work near the restaurant and go there after work. The waitress is asking customers what they want to eat and drink. She is writing in a notebook.
In background we can see three musicians. Two men are playing instruments and a woman is singing. It’s a friendly restaurant. I think the waitress likes her job. The customers are nice to her but maybe it's difficult to hear the customers because of the music! Perhaps she makes a lot of mistakes!