Communication » 1ALS Communication
7. shop assistant
I understand the meaning of the word:accountant, architect, artist, builder, doctor, dentist, engineer, factory worker, farmer, gardener, hairdresser, journalist, lawyer, mechanic, nurse, plumber, receptionist, scientist, shop assistant, soldier, sports instuctor, taxi driver, vet, teacher and waiter.
My uncle is a teacher.
My best friend’s brother is a soldier.
My neighbour is a shop assistant.
My cousin is a farmer.
My uncle is a nurse.
1. You need a mechanic when your car doesn’t work.
2. A nurse looks after people in hospital.
3. An architect can help build roads and bridges.
4. I’ve got a sore tooth – I need to go to the dentist.
5. At a hotel, the receptionist gives you the key to your room.
6. A plumber can repair the water pipe in the bathroom.
1. My dad works long hour.
2. My mum has a part-time job.
3. Riccardo has got a well-paid job.
4. Paolo works nine to five.
1. Would you like to work for a big company or a small company?
I would like to work for a big company.
2. Would you like to work from home?
Yes, because I can organize better my time.
3. Would you like a full-time or a part-time job?
I would like a part-time job so I can have more time to spend in the other things.
4. Do you prefer to work in a team or alone?
I prefer to work in a team.
5. Would you like to work with children?
Yes, because I like children.
6. Would you prefer to work in an office or outside?
I prefer to work in an office.