Communication » 1ALS Communication
331 495 1516
B: Hi! I'm Carlotta. How are you?
A: Fine, thanks. And you?
B: It's OK, but I'm hungry.
A: So am I! What's the matter?
B: I would like to go to a restaurant. Would you like to come with me?
A: Yes I would. Where would you like to go?
B: We can go to “Al platano”.
A: I prefer “Da Gianni” because you can eat a lot!
B: Ok, where is it?
A: It is in Gorizia.
B: Oh fantastic! What time would you like us to meet?
A: I would like us to meet at 8 o'clock at my house.
B: Perfect! See you soon!
EXERCISE 1 PAGE 44
1. They are famous because they spend their time on TV or writing books.
2. A commis chef is a chef's doing an apprenticeship.
EXRCISE 2 PAGE 44
She's working in a gastropub.
You're helping the chefs to make great dishes.
I'm not going out a lot at the weekend.
What is Susanna doing exactly?
EXERCISE 3 PAGE 44
1. Is chopping.
2. Is shouting, isn't working.
3. Is still cleaning, isn't leaving.
4. Is going, is doing.
EXERCISE 4 e 5 PAGE 44
1. What is the teacher doing? She is writing on the board.
2. Is anyone sitting near a window? No, anybody is.
3. Is anybody wearing something black? Yes, somebody is.
4. Are any students writing? Yes, they are.
5. Are all the students doing this exercise? Yes, they are.
EXERCISE 1 PAGE 45
1. Peace Corps is from US.
2. Peace Corps promotes peace and friendship in the world.
3. The volunteers work in health, education or agriculture.
EXERCISE 2 e 3 PAGE 45
1. C, 9000
2. A, Asia
3. F, school
4. B, vegetables
5. D, Spanish
6. E, different
EXERCISE 4 PAGE 45
EXERCISE 5 PAGE 45
I would like to work as a volunteer abroad because I love travelling but I'm rubbish at learning languages.
EXERCISE 6 PAGE 45
EXERCISE 7 PAGE 45
EXERCISE 8 PAGE 45
3. Learning, teaching