Communication » 1ALS Communication
Page 44-45 all the exercises
Exercise 1 page 44
- They’re famous because they write books about their life and they have TV programs .
- A commis chef is a chef that just started work and have to see how to work in the kitchen with a team, the base level of a chef.
Exercise 2 page 44
You use the Present Continuous to talk about actions happening at the time of speaking.
To make the Present Continuous you use am/are/is +subject+ -ing form.
-I am doing an apprenticeship.
+ She’s working in a gastropub.
You’re helping the chefs to make great dishes.
-I’m not going out a lot at the weekend.
What is Susanna doing exactly?
? Is she making new friends?
Yes, she is.
Are they going out a lot?
No, they aren’t.
Exercise 3 page 44
- Susanna isn’t watching TV. She’s chopping vegetables for tonight’s dinner.
- The chef is shouting Susanna as she isn’t working fast enough.
- It’s midnight and Susanna isn’t leaving the restaurant yet. She’s cleaning the kitchen.
- This year she’s not going to school. She’s doing an apprenticeship.
Exercise 4 page 44
- What is the teacher doing?
- Is anyone sitting near the window?
- Is anybody wearing something black?
- Are any students writing?
- Are all the students doing this exercise?
Exercise 5 page 44
A: What is the teacher doing?
B: She’s writing on the board.
A: Is anyone sitting near the window?
B: The there isn’t.
A: Is anybody wearing something black<?
B: Yes, the guy over there.
A: Are any student writing?
B: Yes, they are writing the homework.
A: Are all the student doing this exercise?
B: No, some of them already finished it.
Exercise 1 page 45
1=The Peace Corps come from the USA.
2= The Peace Corps promotes peace and friendships in the world, voluntary works, teach children and some other works.
3= They work abroad the USA, in poor states and continents as Africa.
Exercise 2 page 45
- More than a number Peace Corps volunteers are working around the world today.
- The first speaker, Amy, is in South name of a continent.
- Amy is helping to build a new a type of building.
- Terri and her co-workers are producing fresh a kind of food.
- Richard is learning something you can learn from children.
- Peace Corps volunteers meet people who are an adjective.
Exercise 5 page 45
I would like to do voluntary work because I love travelling and I want to learn about the world.
Exercise 6 page 45
Exercise 7 page 45
Learn= [Spanish, a language, practical skills, to work in a team, about yourself]
Teach= [Spanish, Spanish to teenagers, teenagers Spanish, them to make bread, them about Spain]
Exercise 8 page 45
1= My brother teaches Maths in a big secondary school.
He is teaching me Maths now because I have a test tomorrow.
2= This year in History, we are learning about the French Revolution.
3= My grandmother is learning to use the computer. Today, I’m teaching her to send e-mails.