Textuality » 3BSA Interacting
EXERCISE PAGE 114, 115
A. Fill in the blanks with the suitable verb form.
- She will go abroad for her summer holidays if she saves enough money.
- Had she come earlier, she wouldn’t have missed her flight.
- Unless Ben makes a reservation, he won’t be able to find any vacant hotel rooms in the peak season.
- Supposing you won a scholarship, what would you do?
- If she were rich, she would live in a big house.
- If she had spent his summer holiday at a campsite, he would have made many new friends.
- If she had taken the survival course, she would have had a memorable experience.
- Get a cab in case you run out of time.
- If you use an insect repellent, you will not be bitten by mosquitoes.
- If he had confirmed his ticket, he wouldn’t have been in trouble.
- Has she set off on her journey earlier, she wouldn’t have got stuck in heavy traffic.
B. Fill in the blanks with the words below.
- Even if you take a taxi, you will miss your flight. You are very late.
- As long as he arrives in Glasgow, he will call me.
- You won’t see her ever again unless you apologise for what you aid about her.
- Call me on my cell phone in case you need me.
- Only if she sends me a text message, will I contact her.
- They say they will go white-water rafting providing that you do so.
C. Fill in the blanks with the correct forms.
- I wish she had slept earlier last night.
- I’d rather he hadn’t asked me to lend him the money he needed.
- He is walking as if he were drunk.
- If I were you, I wouldn’t talk to him ever again.
- He would rather she hadn’t phoned yesterday.
- I wish/If only I had lots of money.
- It’s high time they made up their minds.
- I wish/If only they wouldn’t play the music so loud.
Fill in the blanks to complete the short dialogues below.
- “Why do you look so upset?”
“I missed my train. I wish I hadn’t been late.”
- “I’m very disappointed because I’m fired.”
“Don’t worry! If I were in your shoes, I would try to look for another job as soon as I could.”
- “I’m very tired. I dug the garden myself.”
“It’s high time you hired a gardener.”
- “Did you enjoy your holiay?”
“No, I didn’t. The hotel was awful. If only I had stayed in a better one ever if it had been more expensive!”
- “Suppose you won some money, what would you do?”
“If I won some money, I would go to Hawaii.”
E. GRAMMAR IN CONTEXT
Fill in the blanks with the correct form.
PLAN THEM IN TIME!
Last summer I were on holiday to Italy, but I wish I hadn’t spent it there. The hotel I stayed at was ina downtown area and it didn’t have all the facilities I had expected. I wish had stayed at a seaside hotel in order to avoid all that terrible nois from the heavy traffic! To be honest, I’d rather have gone somewere else to spend my holiday. Anyway, I admit it was my fault because if I hadn’t made alle the arrangements at the last minute, I would have enjoyed my stay.
This summer I wish things would be better. It’s time I planned my holiday and arranged everything in due time before it is too late again!